Monday 19 October 2009

The best story I have read all year.

This as you may have noticed, (or your might have not), is my second post of the day, and it's not something I normally do. But I have come across a story that i feel is so utterly ridiculous in every conceivable way that I felt absolutely compelled to let you know.

The story is very straight forward, basically, The World War 2 concentration camp Auschwitz now has its own Facebook page. This firstly proving the point I made in my first post about everyone being on Facebook. Though I will admit that at the time I was not thinking that my statement would stretch as far to include this temple of un-necessarily bad hygiene, forced head shaving and MASS GENOCIDE.

A spokesman has said that this is an attempt to reach the youth of the world and teach them a little about history. They went on to say that because Facebook seems to be the most popular thing since the intake of oxygen, that this would be the ideal platform to do it.

But I have spotted one glaring flaw in their master plan, namely that no one in their right mind and with any shred of common sense will want to be friends with somewhere that was responsible for THE DEATHS OF MILLIONS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE.

I can only imagine the reaction of my friends when it appears on my Facebook page that I am now, "friends with Auschwitz". I can only suggest the people that have that message on their page also have the fact that they are friends with, Stalin, Mussolini and Satan in clear view on the same feed.

Any way I have made my point but unfortunately I shall have to go, I've just been poked by Harold Shipman.

2 comments:

Followers